A letter to Dayton parents from School Superintendent Jay Brewer
I believe you will find the idea of continuous improvement to be alive and well in Dayton Independent Schools. However, we do realize that we do have members of our community that have made the decision to send their children to other schools. At this time I am sending an open invitation to these families to give Dayton Schools a second look. I believe you will find that a great deal of progress has been made and that even greater progress is right around the bend!!!
- A proficient elementary school!! Top 30% of all schools in the state!
- An expanded early childhood experience as we partner with Head Start and Children’s Inc.
- Fully funded tuition and books for juniors and seniors to earn 24 hours of FREE college credit by taking classes at Gateway’s Urban Campus.
- Two business career technical pathways that result in industry certification in Microsoft Office and more!
- Born Learning Early Childhood Academy and One to One Reading Volunteer program.
- A health and dental clinic on campus.
- Dayton Middle School had the highest academic achievement score among our River City rivals.
- This year DHS will have their highest graduation rate and more students are college ready than in past years.
- Successful 21st Century (YMCA) after school and summer programming opportunities at each school.
- Our district had the 2nd highest percentage of growth in student enrollment in the state of Kentucky for 2014-2015 school year.
- FREE college ACT prep!
- Annual 8th grade class trip to Washington D.C.
I want to invite ALL of our families that are choosing other options for education to please give me a call or send me an e-mail. I welcome the chance to give you a personal tour of our campus and answer any and all questions you might have about our schools and what we have to offer.
To contact me:
Another great way to learn more about our district is to review our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/DaytonISDky
Superintendent of Dayton Independent Schools